A/P Accountant - Denver, CO
Freebird is looking for an A/P Accountant to join our lean, tight-knit team. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about and committed to the nuts and bolts of various accounting processes, while also being a hands-on, friendly team member across all business functions who depend on the accurate and timely outcomes of our work.
- Full-cycle accounts payable including vendor set up and maintenance, securing invoice approvals, general ledger coding, employee expense reimbursements, corporate credit card processing and timely payments.
- Facilitate 1099 reporting at year-end
- Frequently reconcile payables general ledger balance to external payment system (Bill.com) and maintain/monitor the sync between systems.
- Assist in month-end close process with journal entries and balance sheet/bank reconciliations
- Cross-train within department on revenue/cash recording of daily sales for retail stores
- Additional ad hoc responsibilities may be assigned as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Obsessively detail oriented and highly organized
- Self-starter with positive attitude
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and best practices
- Proficient accounting software user (QuickBooks, Expensify, MS Excel, Avalara and NetSuite a plus)
- Experience in a rapid growth environment
- Compensation Range: $50-$60k
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k