About the job
Must be located in Dallas/Ft. Worth, Houston or San Antonio
At Freebird, product and people are the heartbeat of our story and the “sole” of our brand. Creating beautiful, unique boots laid the foundation to that story but the feet inside our boots built the journey. Freebird employees reject the norms of an ordinary customer experience and pride ourselves on building deep and genuine relationships with our customers. Those relationships have always been at the forefront of everything we do and is the reason why we are so excited to rapidly expand our store footprint throughout the U.S. As we experience hyper growth, we are looking for career driven individuals that are as obsessed with creating an exceptional customer experience as we are.
Beyond building beautiful stores we will be hiring teams of unique and diverse individuals that represent our brand and our mission in each region. These teams will be a part of shaping the voice and character associated with the Freebird name. These individuals will have the opportunity to career climb in a quickly growing company that puts people and product above all else.
Our District Managers are passionate about running healthy, successful businesses and know that driving top line sales growth across multiple locations needs to start with building strong store leaders. This role develops store leaders to be equally passionate about delivering remarkable customer and employee experience across our retail locations. This person can innately guide, inspire and motivate their teams to own their business A to Z. They will take a growth and team focused approach to all facets of their position.
Our ideal candidate has at least 2 years of experience in a multi-unit leadership role, loves retail and is enthusiastic about moderate travel.
- Ensure all stores in district deliver an excellent and consistent customer experience through developing Store Leaders on implementing floor standards, structure and training
- Inspire and develop leaders to take ownership in all aspects of the customer
- Implement clientele systems and ensure each store is actively managing and working clientele books
- Contribute to and roll out company customer strategies and ensure each store under their charge has the tools and training to execute
Business Development and Strategy
- Grow a portfolio of successful businesses: develop district-level strategies to achieve each store’s financial, operational, and customer-service goals
- Addressing each store’s unique strengths and weaknesses and get store leaders to understand the impact those strengths and weaknesses have on driving their businesses
- Assesses district and individual store business using company analytic tools to find opportunity to drive sales
- Effectively guides store leaders to make strategic, creative, and business-impacting decisions that foster ownership at the store level
- Lead a team of leaders: motivate, coach and strengthen Store Directors as team leaders, retail operators and business owners.
- Develop and articulate a vision of business growth and opportunity, how to achieve success and the role each person plays in the overall vision
- Serve as a resource: provide expertise on key customer issues, team staffing and management, store operations and company policies and procedures.
- Exemplify the leadership you want from your Store Directors by encouraging collaboration amongst leaders through meetings, cross training, and team events
- Ensure operational training is standardized across all stores in your portfolio by partnering with Store leaders on an operational strategy that ensures compliance and store level ownership
- Oversee and guide store leadership team to plan a strategic approach to daily, weekly, and monthly priorities; contribute to assessing accuracy and compliance of all operational objectives
Team Development and Succession
- Execute effective succession and development that leads to internal promotions and no vacant store positions
- Hire, Train, and Develop all Store Directors to successfully own their business
- Create a team environment for all Store Directors in your district
- Use top leadership as peer mentors to create camaraderie and cross training amongst stores in your portfolio
Visual and Merchandising
- Place a high level of importance on the sensory experience of the Freebird customer through executing visual merchandising directives across all stores
- Identify merchandising talent at the store and partner with Store Directors to develop that talent
- Ensure Store Directors are monitoring current inventory and making necessary merchandising adjustments to drive business
- 2+ years of experience overseeing multiple retail locations
- 5+ years of retail management experience
- Ability to effectively communicate both up and down the chain of command
- Proven record of accomplishment in leadership development across multiple locations
- Possess a strong business acumen and ability to put that knowledge to action
- Skilled at building leadership teams yet can also be a contributing member of a team
- Has the ability to self-reflect and can take ownership and action on successes and failures
- Willing to travel regularly