Assistant Manager - Salt Lake City, UT
You will be front-and-center as the face of the FREEBIRD brand when you join us in creating a customer experience like no other. Our Flock of fun-loving, highly focused individuals takes great pride in selling extraordinary, hand-crafted, one-of-a-kind leather goods. You will help lead them by your example of style, hard work, positive energy and dedication to the success of our team and all its individual members. You will also educate and inspire fellow members of our Flock about the meaning and vision of the FREEBIRD brand.
You will also recruit, hire, train and invest in the growth of people-loving people who are warm, upbeat and totally committed to team success. You will encourage team members to think creatively and use their ingenuity to solve problems as they arise.
With your help, your team will interact with customers and surprise them with a degree of service virtually unheard of in the retail industry. You and your team will listen to them and get to know them well enough so that next time they stop by, you can pick up where you left off. In short, you’ll do all you can to earn their loyalty.
As the newest member of our Flock, you will do it all while getting to wear the most exclusive, stylish leather footwear in town!
- Contributing to operational excellence by executing back-office operations including customer follow up, HR functions, inventory, register procedures and merchandising
- Driving sales growth through community engagement, event planning, clienteling and building a social network
- Continually updating the store’s visual appeal to maximize sales based on current product availability and best sellers
- Recruiting, hiring and mentoring a team of part-time stylists so they become adept in all facets of their jobs and are able to grow in their careers
- Setting challenging sales goals for your team and recognizing exceptional performance
- Recognizing below-target work performance, addressing violation of company policies then taking appropriate action to ensure success
- Educating the team on the store’s sales plan, store statistics, and their personal sales goals, then motivating them to achieve those goals
- Building internal relationships across the company to execute store goals and FREEBIRD’s overall success
- Have your finger on the pulse of your industry, your retail setting, and your community to effectively communicate and plan on how it can impact your business
- Ideally, you’re passionate about style, highly organized, self-driven and bursting with personality. You love people, feel great empathy for others and have a strong desire to make a positive impact on people’s lives. You need to communicate well, verbally and in writing, and feel confident and comfortable interacting with strangers. A calm demeanor is also essential.
- In addition, you need to have a bachelor’s degree or at least 2 years of experience working in a fast-paced, challenging, and creative, customer-facing setting. Flexibility in scheduling (e.g., nights, holidays and weekend) is needed, too.
Compensation Range: $45,000 - $65,000
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
To apply click "Apply Now" below or send resume & cover letter to HR@freebirdstores.com. Please ensure you specify the role you're looking to be considered for. We can't wait to meet you!