Senior Ruby Developer
This position requires candidates to have experience shipping and maintaining production-level code as well as writing well planned requirements documents and technical specs. Applicants with a strong Git/BitBucket portfolio are preferred.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle of SaaS and web applications
- Develop, code, test, and debug new software or enhancements to existing web platforms and software
- Conduct software audits to ensure compliance with application requirements and specifications
- Support software quality assurance and configuration management activities
- A desire to solve real-world problems, making customers lives easier
- Identify user and system requirements for new websites and applications
- Prioritize software development projects, set timelines and assign tasks to team members
- Write effective and scalable code in Ruby
- Build back-end components for web applications
- Test applications for performance, responsiveness and security
- Integrate data storage and data processing solutions
- Build, install and share gems and plugins
- Create automated test scripts
- Improve and maintain applications after deployment
- Coordinate with team members who work on different layers of infrastructure
- Write or review code for various applications
- Run functionality testings and debug code (BDD, TDD)
- Liaise with designers to decide on UX/UI elements
- 7+ years of professional experience in web development, of which at least 5 years with Ruby on Rails developing SaaS applications
- A strong background being a 'full stack engineer' from devops to database to frontend code.
- Firm understanding of the Rails framework and ecosystem.
- Professional experience working with SOAP, RESTful, and GraphQL API’s.
- Ability to write SQL queries and then optimize them.
- Familiarity with both functional and object-oriented development patterns
- Passion for working with cross-functional teams
- Bonus: Dev-ops experience with Chef, Puppet, Ansible, and/or Docker, Python, PHP
- 3-5 years management experience or similar role
To apply click "Apply Now" below or send resume & cover letter to HR@freebirdstores.com. Please ensure you specify the role you're looking to be considered for. We can't wait to meet you!