Sales Manager - Downtown Nashville, TN
THE FREEBIRD VENUE in Downtown Nashville, TN
These boots were made for making noise in Music City! We’ve built our brand by being the renegades, the ones to push the limits and do what others can’t. At Freebird, product and people are the heartbeat of our story and the “sole” of our brand. As Sales Manager, you will help lead the way with our first ever Freebird Venue. Combining BOOTS, LIVE MUSIC, & DRINKS! Freebird has grown into a true lifestyle brand, and we are going to bring to life everything our customer wants to do while visiting Nashville and create a customer experience unlike any other.
Creating beautiful, unique boots laid the foundation to that story but the feet inside our boots built the journey. Freebird employees reject the norms of an ordinary customer experience and pride ourselves on building deep and genuine relationships with our customers. Those relationships have always been at the forefront of everything we do and is the reason why we are so excited to rapidly expand our store footprint throughout the U.S. As we experience hyper growth, we are looking for career driven individuals that are as obsessed with creating an exceptional customer experience as we are.
Beyond building beautiful stores we will be hiring teams of unique and diverse individuals that represent our brand and our mission in each region. These teams will be a part of shaping the voice and character associated with the Freebird name. These individuals will have the opportunity to career climb in a quickly growing company that puts people and product above all else.
The ideal candidate will be passionate, self-driven, and a highly organized individual with a desire to make a difference in people’s lives. Additionally, they will be confident, creative, bright, friendly, helpful, detail-oriented, and able to consistently perform at the highest level. Candidates must be well spoken and confident in their ability to interact with strangers, as well as be able to remain calm and organized at all times.
• Oversee retail performance on a day-to-day basis.
• Contribute to a positive and safe work environment that your people are excited to come into, be challenged by, and contribute to.
• Be a proactive and solution-based leader.
• Communicate business needs and team updates up to leadership in a productive, concise manner.
• Lead by example and uphold/implement FREEBIRD’s standards with your team.
• Create an environment where knowledge is being passed down successfully and your people welcome the feedback.
• Participate in monthly meetings with your team.
• Oversee maintenance of sales floor cleanliness.
• Ensure all retail employees are following traditional sales floor standards/expectations
• Own networking, recruiting, hiring, onboarding, and developing a well-rounded retail team that excels in customer service, selling, merchandising, operations, events, and team management/leadership.
• Consistently provide performance feedback to ensure growth, change, and results in your management team. Guide your Assistant Manager’s on how they are doing the same with Runners & Stock Associates (part-time employees)
• Create succession/staff plan and communicate your strategy to execute.
• Take responsibility for identifying how each person on your team needs to be challenged to grow and tailor a development plan individually.
• Exemplify, create, and uphold a positive unique customer experience and ensure all team members can successfully execute the Freebird experience. That starts before the customer enters the store.
• Actively manage training of Assistant Manager’s on the customer experience and ensure they do the same for Runners.
• Have your finger on the pulse of your retail business and oversee all customer interactions.
Business Management and Planning:
• Oversee and guide Assistant Manager’s in driving top line sales growth.
• Participate in ways to increase your store’s business and build brand awareness in your community.
• Recognize the importance of planning and ensuring schedules are well thought through, posted one month in advance, and relay critical business events/ information to team members.
• Possess a strong business acumen and be able to present your business to a room of strangers.
• Know your stores numbers, KPI’s, best sellers, and business stats. Teach key leadership under you the importance of knowing and tracking their business.
• Ensure seamless store operations.
• Own your merchandise inventory and ensure it is being accurately managed by staff.
• Store cleanliness standards are implemented and met on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
• 3+ years in relevant management experience in a fast paced, challenging, and creative customer facing retail environment.
• High School diploma required.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred.
• Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Availability to work weekends and nights.