Sales Manager - Austin, TX
These boots were made for making noise on Music Lane. We’ve built our brand by being the renegades, the ones to push the limits and do what others can’t. At Freebird, product and people are the heartbeat of our story and the “sole” of our brand. Freebird has grown into a true lifestyle brand, and we are going to bring to life everything our customer wants to do while visiting Austin, TX and create a customer experience unlike any other.
At Freebird, product and people are the heartbeat of our story and the “sole” of our brand. Creating beautiful, unique boots laid the foundation to that story but the feet inside our boots built the journey. Freebird employees reject the norms of an ordinary customer experience and pride ourselves on building deep and genuine relationships with our customers. Those relationships have always been at the forefront of everything we do and is the reason why we are so excited to rapidly expand our store footprint throughout the U.S. As we experience hyper growth, we are looking for career driven individuals that are as obsessed with creating an exceptional customer experience as we are.
Beyond building beautiful stores we will be hiring teams of unique and diverse individuals that represent our brand and our mission in each region. These teams will be a part of shaping the voice and character associated with the Freebird name. These individuals will have the opportunity to career climb in a quickly growing company that puts people and product above all else.
The ideal candidate will be passionate, self-driven, and a highly organized individual with a desire to make a difference in people’s lives. Additionally, they will be confident, creative, bright, friendly, helpful, detail-oriented, and able to consistently perform at the highest level. Candidates must be well spoken and confident in their ability to interact with strangers, as well as be able to remain calm and organized at all times.
As the Sales Manager, you will lead the team to:
• Manage the day-to-day performance of the team in support of the business objectives, enabling progressive career development and an incredible employee experience.
• Be a proactive and solution-based contributor
• Create and contribute to an environment where knowledge is being passed down successfully and feedback is welcomed
• Lead by example, implement and uphold Freebird’s standards amongst your peers
• Ensure hourly and daily sales goals set for the store are met and exceeded
• Track best sellers and inventory weekly
• Apply visual merchandising presentation to boost sales and enhance gross margin dollars
• Ensure up to date knowledge of trends, products, and seasons and their effects on merchandising and assortment
• Exemplify, create, and uphold a positive and unique customer experience, ensuring all team members can successfully execute the Freebird experience
• Make every customer interaction memorable and unique to their individual needs
• Continually build a clientele base and develop relationships in your community.
• Seamlessly your finger on the pulse of your sales floor and take ownership of all customer interactions
• Build a strong knowledge of our Company story, product line, brand aesthetic, and philosophy to effectively teach and inspire our team and customers.
• Maintain knowledge of stock room capacity and keep inventory neatly organized within it
• Meet cleanliness standards on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
• Ensure all operational policies and systems are being met daily
• Monitor business trends to work with Store Director and Assistant Manager ahead of time, to guarantee the team is staffed properly to drive business
• Continuously assess business performance through reports and sales data to create action plans to improve results for the store
• Relay critical business events/information to team members
• Drive business results by maximizing daily sales goals, setting challenging goals for your team and recognize exceptional performance
• 3-5 years’ experience in a Sales Role
• 2+ years relevant customer service experience in a fast paced, challenging, and creative customer facing environment
• High School diploma required
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred
• Strong team leadership skills and flourish in a competitive team environment
• Must possess a strong work ethic, and be an enthusiastic team player
• Strong connections with local media, non-profit organizations, and other key partners to drive traffic and brand awareness
• Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
• Able to work flexible schedules including nights, weekends and holidays