Bartender - Downtown Nashville, TN
THE FREEBIRD VENUE in Downtown Nashville
These boots were made for making some noise in Music City! We’ve built our brand by being the renegades, the ones to push the limits and do what others can’t. At Freebird, product and people are the heartbeat of our story and the “sole” of our brand. As a Bartender, you will contribute to our first ever Freebird Venue. Combining BOOTS, LIVE MUSIC & DRINKS! Freebird has grown into a true lifestyle brand, and we are going to bring to life everything our customer wants to do while visiting Nashville and create a customer experience unlike any other.
The ideal candidate will be passionate, self-driven, and a highly organized individual with a desire to make a difference in people’s lives. Additionally, they will be confident, creative, bright, friendly, helpful, detail-oriented, and able to consistently perform at the highest level. Candidates must be well spoken and confident in their ability to interact with strangers, as well as be able to remain calm and organized at all times.
• Knows all drink recipes, wines by the glass, and menu and prices to effectively promote to guests.
• Performs duties in accordance with established company policies for drink size, recipe, and proper glassware.
• Adheres to all company safety and sanitation policies and procedures
• Handle cash transactions in accordance with the property’s cash handling policy
• Performs complete bar setup, including ice, garnish, glassware, etc.
• Records and places proper food and beverage orders in POS
• Re-stocks bar
• Contribute to a positive and safe work environment that your people are excited to come into, be challenged by, and contribute to.
• Be a proactive and solution-based leader.
• Communicate business needs and team updates up to General Manager in a productive, concise manner.
• Lead by example and uphold/implement FREEBIRD’s standards with your team.
• Create an environment where knowledge is being passed down successfully and your people welcome the feedback.
• Maintain and teach bar cleanliness and standards.
• 1 year of bar knowledge
• Previous hospitality experience preferred
• High school diploma or prior retail or restaurant experience required
• Ability to work nights and weekends; 15 hours a week time commitment required
• Genuine passion and enthusiasm for the Freebird brand
• Approach all job duties with a positive and uplifting attitude, taking on any task big or small
• Flourish in a competitive team environment
• Ability to multitask and switch gears