Technical Project Manager
As a FREEBIRD Project Manager you will drive the definition, coordination and delivery of programs and projects and partner with internal stakeholders to improve decision-making, gain commitments and remove blockers.
You will be working closely with FREEBIRD Development and Marketing teams to:
- Continuously gather requirements, groom the backlog and identify dependencies and blockers across different teams
- Manage strategic programs and projects including developing metrics and reporting cadences to track efficiency in an agile delivery mode such as MTTR, CFD, burndown and lead times
- Act as a product owner and scrum master when required to facilitate agile ceremonies and to prioritize the backlog with the leadership team
You will engage with multiple teams and manage multiple programs and projects to completion. You will be an expert in project management methodologies and identify areas of improvement across day-to-day operational tasks and larger strategic programs.
You will work with project management, technical and business counterparts across the organization to identify dependencies, gain resource commitments, track deadlines and proactively identify blockers.
You will use your knowledge in information technology to gather requirements with the teams for internal projects.
What will you be doing in addition to the above:
- Participate in and eventually own standing meetings within the team.
- Develop KPI/KRIs for program and project management
- Utilize JIRA to track epics, user stories, features, tasks and manage tendencies, assess risk and effort and drive ownership of tasks
- Utilize JIRA, PowerBI and O365 Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) to develop reports, knowledge sharing, and narratives related to projects.
- Briefing the leadership team and the extended executive teams across FREEBIRD on project statuses.
What are we looking for:
- 7 - 10 years of experience managing programs and projects with at least 5 years directly involved in IT intensive projects
- A natural ability to simultaneously use your technical acumen, strategic mindset and people skills
- Expertise in multiple project and program management delivery methodologies such as hybrid, waterfall, scrum, agile and Kanban
- Expertise in developing backlogs and sprint iterations and driving ownership and accountability across teams
- Expertise developing reporting and KPI/KRIs for project delivery across different methodologies
- Ability to demonstrate project management experience via work history and relevant certifications
- Ability to demonstrate technical experience
- Self-motivated and willing to take on challenges while adapting to an ever-changing environment.